Spectrum Eyecare & Eyewear ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice.
- There will be no paperwork, our appointments now require
pre-registration on our website.
- We ask that you arrive to your appointment alone unless
you require assistance, then we will allow one caregiver to
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time
- Upon entering our clinic, all patients will be asked to
immediately sanitize or wash their hands
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one at the front door.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- We now offer curbside pick-up for contacts and dry eye
products, and any glasses orders where possible.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk, on our dispensary stations, as well as on the equipment in the doctors’ offices.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Chairs have been spread out in the optical and reception area in order to maintain at least 6 feet of separation
- Each pre-testing and examination room is disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- We will regularly clean and disinfect door handles, railings, frequent touch points (pens, counters, phones, credit card
machines, etc), reception and waiting areas, bathrooms, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- We will limit the number of patients in the office or any area at one time in order to maintain physical distancing.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – We will use contactless transactions whenever possible.
- We will do a deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.